Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados
These light and healthy Tex-Mex Chicken Salad Stuffed Avocados are perfect for lunch or dinner, and ready in minutes using simple ingredients!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 medium avocados
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice divided
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped - rotisserie or leftover chicken are perfect
- 1/4 cup keto mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon chopped cilantro plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder any version - regular, chipotle, ancho
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes I used 1/2 of a Roma tomato
- 2 Tablespoons finely shredded cheese (optional)
Cut the avocados in half and remove the pits.
Scoop some of the flesh out of the skin with a spoon, leaving a 1/2-inch thick wall behind. Brush the avocado halves with 1 Tablespoon of lime juice and season with sea salt and black pepper.
Mix the chopped chicken, mayonnaise,1 Tablespoon of lime juice, cilantro, chili powder and tomatoes together in a bowl. Adjust your seasonings as needed.
Divide the chicken salad mixture between the four avocado halves and top with cheese, if desired.
- If you have time, this Tex-Mex Chicken Salad tastes even better after it has been chilling in the fridge for a while.
- Place any unused portions of chicken salad in the refrigerator until needed. You can fill your avocados as needed if not eating all four servings at once.
- Diced, roasted peppers or finely diced fresh red pepper would make an excellent substitution for the tomatoes.
- I used shredded sharp cheddar cheese because it is lactose-free. Any cheese including Queso Fresco, Cojito, or Pepper-Jack would be delicious as well.
- Tired of chicken? Substitute cooked shrimp.
- I used my Homemade Keto Mayonnaise in this recipe.
- 11 Carbohydrates - 7 Fiber = 4 Net Carbs
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 182mg | Potassium: 704mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 315IU | Vitamin C: 15.1mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1.7mg