Instant Pot Bacon Egg and Cheese Bites
Instant Pot Bacon Egg and Cheese Bites are the perfect breakfast. They are delicious, loaded with protein and easy to transport!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time8 mins
Pressure Release7 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 7 Servings
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened CashewMilk almond, coconut, 2% or whole would also work
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 slices uncured bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese divided
Add the eggs, milk, 3/4 cup of grated cheese, and pepper to a blender and blend until smooth.
Spray the egg bites silicone mold with cooking spray or coconut oil. Divide the egg mixture between the cups.
Top each section with chopped bacon and remaining grated cheese. Gently press the bacon and cheese into the egg mixture.
Wrap with foil or place the plastic lid on top of the silicone egg mold. Do not completely secure the lid, just lay it on top.
Pour 1 cup of water into the liner of your pressure cooker and add the trivet. Carefully place the filled silicone mold on top of the trivet.
Secure the lid, make sure the steam knob is in the “Sealing” position. Press the “Steam” button and adjust the time to 8 minutes using the + and – buttons.
When the pot beeps, allow the pressure to release naturally (about 5 to 10 minutes). Carefully remove the Egg Bites from the Instant Pot and allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire cooling rack .
Hold the mold over the wire rack and gently push the egg bites out. If you hold it at an angle or press too hard, you may end up with cracks.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze them for up to a month.
- I used Unsweetened CashewMilk because I prefer the texture over almond milk, but whole, 2%, almond, coconut milk would also work.
- Look for a Sharp Cheddar that has been aged more than 9 months for lactose-free, or choose your favorite cheese. Gruyere would also be an excellent choice with the bacon.
- Bacon is very salty, so I did not add additional salt to the recipe.
Serving: 1egg bite | Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 175mg | Sodium: 307mg | Potassium: 112mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Calcium: 150mg | Iron: 0.9mg