Keto Instant Pot Lava Cake
Satisfy your chocolate cravings with a rich and decadent Keto Instant Pot Lava Cake. It is the perfect treat for special occasions!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Pressure Build15 mins
Total Time31 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter plus more for the ramekins
- 4 ounces 100% cacao baking chocolate broken into pieces - I used Guittard
- 1 cup Swerve confectioners plus more for dusting
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup super-fine almond flour
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 to 6 drops liquid stevia, optional
Generously butter the inside of (4) 6-ounce ramekins. Set aside.
Add the butter and chocolate to a large, microwave safe bowl. Heat for 60 seconds on HIGH.
Remove and stir to combine. Place back in the microwave and heat for an additional 15 seconds. Stir until all chocolate is melted and smooth. Heat in additional 15 second increments if needed, but do not over heat!
Whisk in the powdered sugar until well combined.
Add the eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla. Mix well to combine.
Next, add the almond flour and pinch of salt. Stir just until combined.
Divide the batter evenly between the prepared ramekins.
Place a trivet at the bottom of the Instant Pot liner and add 1 cup of water. Carefully stack the ramekins on top of the trivet.
Secure the lid and turn the knob to the “Sealing” position. Press the “Manual or Pressure Cook” button. Adjust the time to 6 minutes using the + and – buttons.
When the pot beeps carefully turn the knob to release the pressure. Remove the lid.
Very carefully remove the ramekins and place on a wire cooling rack. Cool just until you can handle them. Run a thin knife around the edges to loosen the cakes.
Place a dessert plate on top of each ramekin and flip it over. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with fresh berries or whipped cream.
- These lava cakes do not have as much of a “flow” to them as the ones made with all-purpose flour. They are still gooey and fudgy in the center but it is more contained.
- I tried cooking another batch for 5 minutes, but they barely held together and tasted like they were not “cooked” long enough.
- I used Lakanto sweetener in the first 2 batches that I made, but it seemed to affect me differently than the *Swerve sweetener that I used in this last batch. You can use either one but the Lakanto may spike your insulin.
- For a sweeter lava cake, add 5 or 6 drops of liquid stevia with the vanilla.
- total carbs 15 - 6 fiber = 9 carbs The calculator is not giving any fiber listing for the chocolate or deducting for the erythritol.
- Do your own calculations for more accurate results.
Calories: 495kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 50g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 259mg | Sodium: 127mg | Potassium: 284mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 985IU | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 6mg