Keto Shrimp Stuffed Avocao
Keto Shrimp Stuffed Avocado - seasoned shrimp mixed with cilantro-lime dressing, bell pepper and green onions creates the perfect light and delicious meal!
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
Cilantro Lime Dressing
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro stems removed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise homemade or Tessamaes
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 avocados halved, pits removed
- 8 ounces raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon taco seasoning or more to taste
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper I used orange and red
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup crumbled Queso Fresco or cheese of your choice - optional
Sprinkle the shrimp with taco seasoning, or seasoning of your choice.
Heat one Tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet. Add the shrimp and cook until pink and no longer opaque.
Remove the shrimp to a bowl or plate and allow to cool.
Place all of the dressing ingredients into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Blend until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
Cut each avocado in half, lengthwise, and remove the pit.
Lightly chop the shrimp into bite-sized pieces. Mix the shrimp, bell pepper, green onions and dressing in a bowl.
Fill each avocado half with shrimp mixture and sprinkle with cheese, if using. Serve immediately.
- If you have time, the shrimp salad tastes even better after it has been chilling in the fridge for a while.
- Place any unused portions of shrimp salad in the refrigerator until needed. You can fill your avocados as needed if not eating all four servings at once.
- Any cheese including sharp cheddar, Cojito, or Pepper-Jack would be delicious as well.
- Don’t have shrimp, substitute canned tuna or cooked chicken.
- I usually make a double batch of the cilantro lime dressing so I have extra for salads, a dipping sauce or extra avocado cups.
- total carbs 11 - 7 fiber = 4 net carbs
Calories: 404kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 154mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 582mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 823IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 137mg | Iron: 2mg