Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
These chewy and delicious Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies are made with almond flour and are just as delicious as their high-carb cousins!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 22 Servings
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown or sweetener of your choice
- 1/4 cup Swerve Granulated
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup stevia sweetened semi-sweet chocolate chips I used Lily's
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Beat the butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl until combined.
Add the egg and vanilla and beat until light and creamy.
Next, add the almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt and mix just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Use a cookie scoop to portion the cookie dough and drop the rounded balls onto the prepared baking sheet at least 2-inches apart.
Alternate Method: scoop out 2 Tablespoons of dough and roll into balls.
Bake for 10 minutes until the edges start to brown but the centers are still doughy. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.
Move cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cookies will be puffy when they first come out of the oven but will deflate as they cool.
- For crispier cookies bake for 11 to 12 minutes.
- Cooking times will vary by oven so keep an eye on them.
- Because the cookies are so soft when they come out of the oven, they will break apart if you try to move them too soon. I let mine rest for 10 minutes, until the next batch came out of the oven and they were perfect.
- This recipe makes 22 cookies. Serving size one cookie to make the math easy.
- So the math is not so easy. The calculator came up with 81 carbs in the sugar-free chocolate chips - this is incorrect. I am guessing they are about 2 carbs per cookie based on Swerve being 0 net carb per serving and almond flour being just under 1 net carb.
Calories: 114kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 6mg | Potassium: 13mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 143IU | Calcium: 23mg | Iron: 1mg