Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
These soft and delicious Keto Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are sugar-free, gluten-free and make the perfect low-carb treat!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 22 Servings
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter very soft
- 1/2 cup Swerve brown sugar sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract I used 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon peppermint
- 3/4 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips I used Lily's stevia sweetened chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
Beat the butter, sweetener and egg together in a mixing bowl until combined.
Add the extract(s) almond flour, baking powder, cacao and salt and mix just until combined.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Use a 1-Tablespoon sized cookie scoop to portion the cookie dough and drop the rounded balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
I flattened out the balls of dough in this batch, but you can also leave them rounded since these cookies will not spread when they bake.
Bake for 8 minutes, the centers will seem very soft and doughy. Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5 to 10 minutes.
Move cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cooking times will vary by oven so keep an eye on them.
- Because the cookies are so soft when they come out of the oven, they will break apart if you try to move them too soon. I let mine rest for 10 minutes, until the next batch came out of the oven and they were perfect.
- For larger cookies, use a 2-Tablespoon sized cookie scoop and bake for 10 minutes.
- I used Lily’s dark chocolate chips, but you can also use Lily’s semi-sweet for a sweeter cookie if you prefer.
- With the holidays coming up I chose to use a combination of vanilla and peppermint extracts for my cookies.
- For mocha flavored cookies, add 1 teaspoon of espresso powder.
Calories: 66kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 31mg | Potassium: 33mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 78IU | Calcium: 16mg | Iron: 1mg