Baked Avocado Egg Cups
Baked Avocado Egg Cups are a delicious way to start your day! They are high in protein and fiber, and loaded with flavor.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 Servings
- 1 medium avocado they are usually easier to find - can substitute large
- 2 medium eggs
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 sliced bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tablespoons chives
- Everything Bagel Seasoning to taste, if desired
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet or small pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Slice an avocado in half and carefully remove the pit.
Flip them over and carefully level the bottom of the avocado by slicing the high point off with a sharp knife.
This will help your avocado stay flat. If you do not feel comfortable slicing the bottom of a slippery, round object; simply place the halves into a baking dish in a way that they rest against the sides to prop them up.
Remove some of the inside of the avocado to allow room for the egg, about a Tablespoon should do.
Crack an egg and pour it into the cavity of the avocado. Repeat with the second egg.
Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper and place in the preheated oven. Bake until the whites are set, about 12 to 15 minutes if you like a runny inside. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes for a hard set center.
Remove from oven and top with chopped bacon and chives or everything bagel seasoning, or both. It’s up to you!!
- Use medium sized eggs with medium sized avocados. Use large eggs with large avocados.
- Use any topping that you like; shredded cheese, diced bell pepper, mushrooms, chopped spinach, diced ham or crumbled sausage.
- Use Whole30/sugar-free bacon for Keto, Whole30 and Paleo diets.
- 9 carbs - 7 fiber = 2 net carbs
Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 185mg | Sodium: 81mg | Potassium: 556mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 480IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 1mg