This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Congratulations, you have decided to take control of your health and start living a ketogenic lifestyle!! Now what? What should you eat? Where do you start? Take a deep breath, I have the next week planned out for you with this 7-day Kick Start Meal Plan.
Click on the Download button for a printable copy of the 7-day Meal Plan.
So now let me explain this 7-day Kick Start Meal Plan in more detail. No, you do not have to follow this plan exactly! Think of it more like “guidelines” (said with a pirates’ British accent). This is a jumping off point for you so you do not need to stress out over what to eat the first week.
I am here to make this process as easy as possible for you, other than coming to your house to cook for you of course. 😉
If you are cooking for one person, most of the Dinner meals will give you leftovers to use for Lunches during the week. This also works really well if you cannot cook a meal at Lunch, use your leftovers especially shredded chicken to top salads.
All recipes within the 7-day Kick Start Meal Plan can be found here on Yummy Healthy Keto or Cooking with Curls (my other blog).
- 2 eggs (any style) served with 2 slices of sugar-free bacon or 2 sugar-free sausage links.
- Instant Pot Egg Bites (Spinach & Gruyere) 7 servings – refrigerate or freeze for later in the week.
- Substitute Egg Muffins if you do not have a pressure cooker, or as an alternate.
- 2 egg omelet with Feta cheese and fresh spinach.
- Avocado Egg Bake – Baked Avocado Egg Cups
- Alternate: Breakfast Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette – substitute lemon juice for the orange juice, or use Tessemae’s Lemon Vinaigrette.
All eggs should be cooked in real butter, ghee, coconut or olive oil.
- Lunch meat (I used Boar’s Head turkey) rolled up with sliced cheese; such as provolone, cheddar, Swiss.
- Bone Broth (Kettle & Fire) & Cobb Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette or Keto Ranch Dressing.
- Egg Salad Lettuce Wraps.
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Salmon Patties w/ Keto Coleslaw (save leftover coleslaw for Sunday’s meal)
- Chicken Caesar Salad w/o the croutons – add leftover chicken
- Ground Beef Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Alternate: Burger w/cheddar cheese on a bed of lettuce.
- Roast Chicken w/ Simple Cauliflower Mash – Instant Pot or Oven Roasted – use leftovers for salads during the week.
- Baked Salmon in Parchment w/ asparagus lemon & dill
- Asian Beef Salad (the beef needs to marinate)
- Simple Cod with Sauteed Spinach
- Zucchini Carbonara
- Shrimp Scampi topped Filet Mignon
- Instant Pot BBQ Ribs w/ Keto Coleslaw – Dry Rub + Keto BBQ Sauce (optional)
- Alternate: Salmon Oscar w/ asparagus
- Fat Bombs
- Berries w/ whipped cream (1/2 cup raspberries/blackberries – 8 medium strawberries or 1/2 cup blueberries)
- 80 Almonds & Cheese
- Pepperoni Chips w/ Guacamole
- String Cheese
- 3 and a 1/2 oz Celery Sticks w/ 2 Tablespoons almond butter (sugar-free)
- Coconut Chips (unsweetened)
- 40 Macadamia Nuts
- Cucumber slices
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs – or stove top
- Cheese Crisps
- 2/3 cups of nuts of your choice
Snacks should only be used IF you are hungry between meals or as a treat to kill sugar cravings. You do not need to eat 2 Snacks per day, but the option is always available if needed.
Read the labels for serving sizes if not listed above.
Water, water and more water! You should drink half of your body weight in ounces everyday! Example: if you weight 200 pounds, you should drink 100 ounces of water.
It is also a good idea to add electrolytes since your body will be flushing them away with all of the water. This is a good thing, but it can throw your body out of whack or make the “keto flu” worse than it needs to be. More on that in a different post.
You can also make your own Homemade Electrolyte Drink to sip on throughout the day if you do not want to add flavored powder to your water.
Bone Broth is another awesome source of electrolytes which is why I included it in the second meal. Buy extra and keep it on hand to sip on if you need to. Honestly, I prefer it room temperature over heated, but that might just be me. I use Kettle & Fire but you can also make your own at home if you prefer.
I’m sure you have heard people/doctors warn not to “drink” your calories. You will also see a lot of people talking about Bulletproof Coffee. Some keto enthusiasts only drink “fat” coffee for breakfast as a replacement for eggs, etc. I personally drink a Keto Mocha every morning (11 am – Noon) as my first meal of the day. It keeps me going until I am ready to eat dinner.
Word of warning, anything you drink other than black coffee or water will break your fast. I will explain fasting in more detail in a later post, but I thought I should mention it just in case you get curious.
If you have any questions at all, send me an email or message me on Facebook or Instagram. I will respond as quickly as possible. You got this!!